Thursday, February 23, 2023

Issue with SMTP config on Godaddy

I bought domain and hosting of Godaddy.

 Today, i tried to setup smtp on my wordpress i use "Easy WP SMTP" plugin.

first i set (follow Godaddy instruction)

SMTP host: Godaddy smtp server smtpout.secureserver.net

Type of Encryption: ssl/tls

SMTP Port: 465

SMTP Authentication: yes

SMTP Username: contact@yourdomain.com

SMTP Password: Bfgf54$%^3

and it can't send email


After get support from Godaddy i setup this way:

SMTP host: localhost

Type of Encryption: none

SMTP Port: 25

SMTP Authentication: no

SMTP Username: contact@yourdomain.com

SMTP Password: Bfgf54$%^3

and it can send email now!!!!!

actually they gave me this link: https://in.godaddy.com/help/send-form-mail-using-an-smtp-relay-server-953 you can setup by yourself.

if you need anything please comment here i will answer.



4 comments:

Luis Cortez said...

I can't beleve no one has thanked you.
I had like 5 hours figuring this out.
Gracias hermano!

R Loaiza said...

That was great last week i speend a few hour trying to send mails vía smtp on my website you are awesome!

Rubén said...

Thanks Luis :)

With this setting some Web Mail service as Gmail does not receive the e-mails. It could be due not secure protocol. I am searching a full solution.

Some problem causes are for the locking by some Web Hosting Services as GoDaddy. I will try to config the DNS server registers for e-mail on GoDaddy

Good luck!

Chetan said...

So is there now way to use godaddy smtp tsl ?